Definition of sire in English:
1The male parent of an animal, especially a stallion or bull kept for breeding.
- Four Brahman and four Angus sires were rotated among breeding pastures in both forage systems each year.
- Sequencing was done on eight bull sires of Norwegian dairy cattle using Dye Terminator chemistry.
- Second-generation hybrids were generated from four parental animals: two sires and two dams.
verb[with object] Back to top
1.1 literary (Of a person) be the father of.
- I have sired no offspring, created no universes, I cannot walk through walls and I've never been killed at Easter.
- There will always be plenty of babies sired by dominant men.
- About 40 percent of the babies were sired by someone other than the mother's mate.