- A large, long-necked Indian lute with movable frets, played with a wire pick.More example sentences
- Attempts have also been made to give enough representation to Indian instruments like the sitar, sarod, flute and santoor.
- The sounds of Indian hand drums - the tabla - float through the air along with a stringed sitar.
- The sitar also has huge frets and loose strings that will bend four or five tones with a little pressure.
via Urdu from Persian sitār, from sih 'three' + tār 'string'.
More definitions of sitarDefinition of sitar in:
- The British & World English dictionary