nounMusic , North American
- A note with the time value of half a thirty-second note, represented by a large dot with a four-flagged stem.More example sentences
- While it is refreshing to see the rhythms left gracefully intact, they include micro-divisions of thirty-second and sixty-fourth notes, not rhythms with which the average beginner is terribly familiar.
- The tick value is one sixty-fourth of the total duration of a measure, or a sixty-fourth note in musical terms.
- It is only a sixty-fourth note short of full value!
More definitions of sixty-fourth noteDefinition of sixty-fourth note in:
- The British & World English dictionary