- Lime-bearing siliceous rock produced by the metamorphic alteration of limestone or dolomite.More example sentences
- In this issue I look at skarn, a metamorphic rock type.
- The skarn is exposed along a steep mountainside that is gullied along its base by several small, intermittent streams that flow into a beautiful, boulder-filled river.
- No skarn or tactite ores have been reported from the district.
early 20th century: from Swedish, literally 'dung, filth'.
More definitions of skarnDefinition of skarn in:
- The British & World English dictionary