- 1A skeptical attitude; doubt as to the truth of something: these claims were treated with skepticismMore example sentences
- Come on, we all can do way better, despite my skepticism.
- Some might see an undercurrent of religious belief in the book; others might see an undercurrent of skepticism or betrayed hope.
- Similarly, some newcomers will hide behind some very unfair scepticism.
- 2 Philosophy The theory that certain knowledge is impossible.More example sentences
- Nor has sensory skepticism hindered dogmatists from seeking absolute truth elsewhere, namely in Reason or Logic.