(also skew bridge)
- An arch (or bridge) with the line of the arch not at right angles to the abutment.More example sentences
- In his letter to the parish council Mr Batten said the estimate of the cost of replacing the skew bridges had risen to £3 million.
- This underpass, built in 1838, is reported to be the first skew arch underpass built in America.
- In the case of a skew arch, the slices were imagined cut parallel to the parapets, along the skew.
More definitions of skew archDefinition of skew arch in:
- The British & World English dictionary