- (Of a matrix) having all the elements of the principal diagonal equal to zero, and each of the remaining elements equal to the negative of the element in the corresponding position on the other side of the diagonal.More example sentences
- The analyst is reminded that any matrix can be reduced to the sum of a symmetric matrix and a skew-symmetric matrix.
- The flexibility of skew-symmetric distributions is illustrated through several graphical examples.
- Skew-Hermitian matrices - the complex analogs of skew-symmetric matrices - have all imaginary eigenvalues.
More definitions of skew-symmetricDefinition of skew-symmetric in:
- The British & World English dictionary