- A shallow, flat-bottomed open boat with sharp bow and square stern.More example sentences
- A punt is a small, flat-bottomed skiff that is steered with a long, gondolier-style pole that grapples the muddy river bottom with the hook at its end.
- To complete my journey, first to Naa, then to Tebua, I travel with Nakibae Teuatabo's son Kabiea, who sits in the stern of our skiff.
- The next day we were to leave on an open skiff down the Paraguay River for New Germany.
late 15th century: from French esquif, from Italian schifo, of Germanic origin; related to ship.
More definitions of skiffDefinition of skiff in:
- The British & World English dictionary