The action of being pulled over snow or ice on skis by a horse or dog or a motor vehicle, as a sport or recreation activity.
- She advises newcomers to get outdoors and take advantage of winter activities such as traditional snow shoeing or something more unusual such as skijoring.
- In her quest to hone her skills, she has become an ambassador for skijoring - holding clinics, teaching lessons and selling top-quality skijor equipment.
- The Park district also has five trails dedicated for skijoring and dog sledding.
- Example sentences
- Some creative re-juggling of start positions was required to keep skijorers away from the big teams.
- He said he once saw a skijorer with a corgi-beagle mix, its legs not more than four inches long.
- Some agricultural land owners will gladly grant access to skijorers wishing to cross their land.
1920s: from Norwegian skikjøring, from ski 'ski' + kjøre 'drive'.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of skijoring in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.