Definition of skin graft in English:
1A surgical operation in which a piece of healthy skin is transplanted to a new site on the body.
- Jason spent two weeks in Booth Hall Children's Hospital, Manchester, where he needed two operations, including a skin graft.
- She will be in hospital for three days but will need at least four more operations, including reconstructive facial surgery and a skin graft on her upper lip.
- Carl Stonehewer, the Denton-based former Belle Vue star, is facing a skin graft operation on an arm after crashing at Workington on Saturday.
1.1A piece of skin transplanted to a new site on the body.
- If a large area of tissue is removed then a skin graft might be needed to fill the ‘hole’.
- Doctors in the U.K. believe that spraying skin cells after applying a skin graft will help burn victims recover faster and reduce scarring.
- The expanded skin is then mobilised as full thickness skin grafts, regional advancement flaps, or free flaps.
Definition of skin graft in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan