Definition of skin test in English:
A test for an immune reaction performed by applying a substance topically or injecting it into the skin.
- Allergies are diagnosed using a skin test or blood test, depending on the age and condition of the patient.
- Usually the allergist will start off with something like a skin test or a blood test.
- Bilirubin levels are easily measured with a skin test or blood test.
verb(skin-test) [with object] (usually as noun skin-testing) Back to top
Perform a skin test on (someone).
- Subjects in the BCG-vaccinated group were not skin-tested.
Definition of skin test in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.