Definition of skua in English:
A large brownish predatory seabird related to the gulls, pursuing other birds to make them disgorge fish they have caught.
- Family Stercorariidae: genera Catharacta (four larger species) and Stercorarius (three smaller species) . See also jaeger
- The abundance of gulls, terns, skuas, guillemots and puffins has long been a prime tourist attraction, as well as of global wildlife significance.
- If you are visiting Ocean City, take a birdwatching trip on a charter boat to see shearwaters, skuas, Wilson's storm-petrels, and Atlantic puffins.
- Votier says he's seen a skua catch a bird and hold it underwater to drown it.
Words that rhyme with skuaAmur, brewer, chewer, Dewar, doer, ewer, hewer, Kahlua, lassoer, Nuer, pursuer, renewer, screwer, sewer, skewer, spewer, strewer, suer, tattooer, viewer, who're, wooer
Definition of skua in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.