Definition of skua in English:
A large brownish predatory seabird related to the gulls, pursuing other birds to make them disgorge fish they have caught.
- Family Stercorariidae: genera Catharacta (four larger species) and Stercorarius (three smaller species) . See also jaeger
- The abundance of gulls, terns, skuas, guillemots and puffins has long been a prime tourist attraction, as well as of global wildlife significance.
- If you are visiting Ocean City, take a birdwatching trip on a charter boat to see shearwaters, skuas, Wilson's storm-petrels, and Atlantic puffins.
- Votier says he's seen a skua catch a bird and hold it underwater to drown it.
Definition of skua in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan