Definition of skua in English:
A large brownish predatory seabird related to the gulls, pursuing other birds to make them disgorge fish they have caught.
- Family Stercorariidae: genera Catharacta (four larger species) and Stercorarius (three smaller species) . See also jaeger
- The abundance of gulls, terns, skuas, guillemots and puffins has long been a prime tourist attraction, as well as of global wildlife significance.
- If you are visiting Ocean City, take a birdwatching trip on a charter boat to see shearwaters, skuas, Wilson's storm-petrels, and Atlantic puffins.
- Votier says he's seen a skua catch a bird and hold it underwater to drown it.
Definition of skua in:
- British & World English dictionary