Definition of slap bass in English:
A style of playing double bass or bass guitar by pulling and releasing the strings sharply against the fingerboard, used for effect in jazz or popular music.
- But that doesn't quite capture how alien sounding it actually is - it isn't quite funk, but it is funky, full of slap bass, slashing guitar riffs and loads of percussion.
- The club was a cacophony of down tuned guitars, slap bass and the drummer's double kick.
- So maybe he'll do the rounds and give us a slap bass solo next!
- Example sentences
- He flows like a slap bassist, performing exhausting rudiments in too-tight spaces with little grace and even less rhythm.
- Sure, Wooten is good, but he's a slap bassist for one, and specializes in soloing pretty much.
- Instead the slap bassist returns to his hard-core rockabilly and roots-rock days on this high-energy outing.
Definition of slap bass in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia