Definition of slasher in English:
1A person or thing that slashes.
- Of course, Newt also increased spending for his own office budget, by $600,000, so he's not quite the budget slasher he claims to be, but let's look deeper into his ice bucket.
- Visible waves of a nauseating stench signal the approach of the titular roadside slasher in this American flick, a classic college-kids-on-a-weekend-getaway slaughterfest.
- His father yelled in despair as he watched her plummet into the darkness, her scream suddenly cut off as the slasher took her.
2 (also slasher film or slasher movie, etc.) A horror movie, especially one in which victims (typically women or teenagers) are slashed with knives and razors.
- The movie was a success, and, predictably, a new influx of slasher / horror movies began.
- This is not one of your standard teen slasher movies, although a look at the trailer might lead you to expect otherwise.
- It's also to their credit that the many, many death scenes are continually creative, rather than just repeating the same type of kill over and over, as happens in some slasher movies.
Definition of slasher in:
- British & World English dictionary