A thin, narrow piece of wood, plastic, or metal, especially one of a series that overlap or fit into each other, as in a fence or a Venetian blind.
More example sentences
- There are usually bunk beds or thin mattresses on wood slats.
- I smiled down at him, and continued pacing on the narrow whitewashed slats of the wooden fence.
- In the meantime, other detainees loosened a metal slat in the fence.
- More example sentences
- The backsplash is topped by a slatted stair rail that gives the new kitchen breathing space and doesn't block light from windows above the landing.
- However, slatted awnings do allow limited viewing through the top parts of windows.
- The current setup is a typical, barren environment, with slatted cement floors.
Definition of slat in:
- The British & World English dictionary