- A secretive group of spies or terrorist agents that remain inactive within a target population until ordered to act.More example sentences
- Three Saudis and 7 Moroccans were accused of forming a sleeper cell and planning terrorist attacks against ships entering the Straits of Gibraltar.
- Secretly entering the United States to join a terrorist sleeper cell, he moves in with his childhood friend Sayeed, a physician contentedly living with his family in Jersey City.
- The plea agreements exposed as a fraud claims made by Attorney General John Ashcroft last October that the arrests in Portland had disrupted a ‘terrorist sleeper cell.’
More definitions of sleeper cellDefinition of sleeper cell in:
- The British & World English dictionary