- (Especially of shoes or clothes) having no (or few) fasteners and therefore able to be put on and taken off quickly.More example sentences
- The casual cousins of slip-on sandals, flip-flops are basically nice shower shoes.
- Aren't you tired of your boring, single-tone, slip-on sandals?
- You'll be in the driver's seat this spring with this pair of pebble-leather, slip-on moccasins with contrast stitching.
nounBack to top
- A shoe or garment that can be easily slipped on and off.More example sentences
- I own both black lace-up smooth-toed shoes and a pair of black slip-ons (dressy penny loafers).
- Don't forget to check out the footwear too - shoes, slip-ons, sandals and boots.
- Traditionally, men shorten their pants so that they break at the third shoelace from the toe of the shoe (or the equivalent for loafers, slip-ons and other styles of laceless shoes).
More definitions of slip-onDefinition of slip-on in:
- The British & World English dictionary