- 1A comfortable slip-on shoe that is worn indoors.More example sentences
- Another must for lounging, especially if you live in a cooler climate, is a comfortable pair of slippers.
- If you know your dad loves lounging around the house, a pair of comfortable slippers are key.
- I was only in my morning gown - no cloak - and on my indoors slippers.
- 1.1A light slip-on shoe, especially one used for dancing.More example sentences
- On her feet would be the black dancing slippers.
- Penelope stamped down on his foot, which probably hurt her more, since she was wearing dancing slippers.
- She carefully pulled on the blush pink silk dress, and placed the soft, same shade dancing slippers on her feet.
- More example sentences
- We listened to the sound of the snow; a soft, shuffling sound that like slippered footsteps on the roof of the car.
- I cringed and slowly backed away, the small silver bell in my right hand as I ran back toward the house, my leather slippered feet hitting the sand below me.
- Glancing fearfully at her feverish husband lying on the simple bed, Larinda stood to her dainty slippered feet and padded into the narrow hallway.