Definition of slippery elm in English:
A North American elm with coarsely textured leaves and rough outer bark. The mucilaginous inner bark of this tree has long been used medicinally.
- Ulmus rubra (or fulva), family Ulmaceae
- They are psyllium, taurine, dandelion, St Mary's Thistle, globe artichoke and slippery elm bark, which have liver protective, restorative properties.
- Of those, hickories, oaks, flowering dogwood, slippery elm, red maple, and tulip poplar constituted 70% of all detections.
- The small sapling layer was also diverse and was dominated by sugar maple and hop hornbeam followed by pignut hickory, slippery elm, and paw paw.
Definition of slippery elm in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan