- A narrow trench for a soldier or a small group of soldiers and their equipment.More example sentences
- The evolution of trench lines from a network of individual slit trenches was still envisaged in British, French, and American doctrine.
- ‘Obviously, life in combat was unpleasant,’ Kameny continues, ‘digging our way across Germany, slit trench by slit trench, sleeping in them at night, using our helmets as pillows.’
- Second, in accordance with current field engineering practices, the troops build on their positions both covered shelters and open shelters (covered slit trenches, niches, splinter-proof shields and so on).
More definitions of slit trenchDefinition of slit trench in:
- The British & World English dictionary