- A type of plum brandy made chiefly in eastern Europe.More example sentences
- Making matters worse, our grubby table is littered with empty bottles of a violent homemade slivovitz, or plum brandy, which we should have avoided last night but didn't.
- They also made their own slivovitz - plum brandy.
- She remembers people laughing and drinking slivovitz plum brandy.
Croatian šljivovica, from šljiva 'plum;' compare with sloe.
More definitions of slivovitzDefinition of slivovitz in:
- The British & World English dictionary