- 1A short and striking or memorable phrase used in advertising.More example sentences
- They've shown that there is more to advertising than a catchy slogan and a memorable logo.
- How about the banners or the slogan or the advertising?
- He once arm-wrestled another CEO to determine who got to use an advertising slogan.
- 1.1A motto associated with a political party or movement or other group.More example sentences
- We've got rejected campaign slogans for the political parties here and here.
- None left charged up and ready to chant party slogans or shake their fists in the air.
- Men chanting ruling party slogans slashed the tyre of a media car.
early 16th century: from Scottish Gaelic sluagh-ghairm, from sluagh 'army' + gairm 'shout'.