- Food that is produced or prepared in accordance with local culinary traditions, typically using high-quality locally sourced ingredients.More example sentences
- Many have joined the ranks of the raw food movement or the slow food movement.
- Most people simply don't have the time for slow food, except on special occasions.
- Last year in Paris the hospitality was provided by the guru of organic "slow food", French farmer José Bové.
1970s: contrasted with fast food.
More definitions of slow foodDefinition of slow food in:
- The British & World English dictionary