- (Of a muscle fiber) contracting slowly, providing endurance rather than strength.More example sentences
- Mechanical efficiency depends upon the extent to which the swimmer can recruit slow-twitch muscle fibres, which are more efficient at converting chemical energy into muscle contraction than are fast-twitch fibres.
- Athletes know that building slow-twitch muscle comes from endurance training and regular exercise.
- In these cases, the myosin in the FT fibres became more like that in the slow-twitch fibres.
More definitions of slow-twitchDefinition of slow-twitch in:
- The British & World English dictionary