1An act of slowing down: a traffic slowdown in the passing lane
More example sentences
- That traffic slowdowns travel in waves is nothing new.
- Over the weekend about 200 trucks were involved in traffic slowdowns across the city, while picket lines have been set up at numerous transport centers as well as at the 40 companies involved in the dispute.
- Over the last ten years, the number of Internet hosts has grown at an accelerated rate; slowdowns and traffic jams are plaguing the information superhighway.
1.1A decline in economic activity.
- We are seeing some project delays and slowdowns, primarily in smaller companies.
- Wellington has experienced a 5% drop in median prices, with certain sectors in the Wellington market experiencing slowdowns in sales as well as price drops.
- By contrast, when a country handles its slowdowns with shorter workweeks, as soon as demand picks up, employees begin returning to full work schedules.
Words that rhyme with slowdowngodown, hoedown, showdown
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of slowdown in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.