nounNorth American • informal
- A tough and challenging contest, especially in sports such as boxing and baseball.More example sentences
- Covering these slugfests blends sports reporting and instant history.
- This is basically an even matchup, a toe-to-toe slugfest of a heavyweight championship battle in the making.
- Both were settling into the fight, which was establishing itself as a boxing match and not a slugfest at all.
More definitions of slugfestDefinition of slugfest in:
- The British & World English dictionary