- A reserve of money used for illicit purposes, especially political bribery.More example sentences
- The board, which previously was under the control of the Ministry of Economic Reforms, has functioned as a slush fund for dispensing political favours.
- The government has been accused of setting up a political slush fund at the expense of communities in need in Kerry and elsewhere.
- He had this idea of the Social Entrepreneur Fund, which turned into a slush fund for all sorts of mad schemes.
mid 19th century: originally nautical slang denoting money collected to buy luxuries, from the sale of slush, the refuse grease from the meat cooked aboard ship.
More definitions of slush fundDefinition of slush fund in:
- The British & World English dictionary