1Coins of low value.
- The King wanted to replace the cowry shells, used as small change, with copper coins.
- Traveling Indonesians will need a short period of adjustment in counting small change, whose nominal value is as low as one cent.
- Examples of the restored coinage and the new small change that was also introduced will be displayed in the exhibition.
1.1A thing that is considered trivial: his wrongdoings were small change compared to a lot of happenings in the city
More example sentences
- But the estimated £8m spent by the government on its defence team is small change compared with the cost to the UK and US governments on the trial and appeal.
- The £150,000 cost of replacing it seems small change compared to the 1986 total expenditure but given the extra pressures on council cash in 2003 it is still a tidy sum of money.
- That the women's cricket team now has a sponsor - even it if is a stereotypical women's product, jewellery, is small change compared to the level of support for the men's team.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.