- The part of the intestine that runs between the stomach and the large intestine; the duodenum, jejunum, and ileum collectively.More example sentences
- This can be accomplished by surgically making a direct connection from the stomach to a lower segment of the small intestines and bypassing the duodenum and some of the jejunum.
- In the United States, there's a great shortage of donor organs: hearts, livers, lungs, kidneys, pancreases and small intestines.
- This type of peptic ulcer develops in the first part of the small intestine (duodenum).
More definitions of small intestineDefinition of small intestine in:
- The British & World English dictionary