1.1The practice of farming a smallholding: cooperation with neighbors is the key to successful smallholding
More example sentences
- The book which arose from the author's series on TV that touches on living in the country, cookery, self-sufficiency, food gathering and smallholding.
- By the 1980s unemployment and poverty could no longer be externalized to the homelands, and remnant smallholding could no longer give a majority of African people either significant income or social support.
- She's going to interview us for a programme about smallholding to be broadcast on Saturday 27th August (you can also listen on line, live and after the event).
- Example sentences
- More than 60 per cent of farmers in Zambia are smallholder or peasant farmers who depend largely on rain-fed agriculture.
- It is at this point that we see the emergence of the yeoman farmer: a peasant smallholder with up to 100 acres of land.
- Once a food exporter, Malawi is now a net importer: persistent drought is a factor but so too are cuts in farming subsidies and smallholders switching to cash crops like tobacco.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of smallholding in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.