- A plastic card with a built-in microprocessor, used typically for electronic processes such as financial transactions and personal identification.More example sentences
- He added: ‘Ideally we would like to move on to smart cards or virtual smart cards.’
- The Reserve Bank of India has introduced a number of restrictions on the issue of debit cards and smart cards by banks.
- And the migration from magnetic stripe cards to smart cards within the financial sector is expected to provide greater opportunity to use these cards for mobile commerce.
More definitions of smart cardDefinition of smart card in:
- The British & World English dictionary