- (Of clothes) neat, conventional, yet relatively informal in style, especially as worn to conform to a particular dress code: think of a smart casual outfit as one that you’d wear for a movie or dinner date the staples of the basic smart-casual wardrobeMore example sentences
- Priests and their guests, wearing smart casual dress, began arriving at 7.30 pm.
- The second are the kind whose wardrobe doesn't stretch past smart-casual and feel obliged to have a pair of inoffensive plain sneakers in their cupboard to wear on the weekend.
- But what I do know is that whereas only 10 years ago I could get away with three suits and an eclectic collection of ties, today there are five suits, along with a range of casual-smart, smart-casual and casual-casual outfits.
More definitions of smart casualDefinition of smart casual in:
- The British & World English dictionary