- An electronic tag with an embedded RFID device, attached to an object for the purposes of tracking or storing data relating to its use.More example sentences
- The battery-operated smart tags rely on cellphone technology to send information back to MIT computers, allowing researchers - and the public - to monitor the trash in real-time as it moves through the waste stream to its final destination.
- Twenty years after barcodes took over, the smart tag is on the edge of a far more pervasive revolution.
- If this sounds rather far-fetched - a combination of 1984 and Minority Report - then let me tell you about a new generation of "smart tags" that is about to hit the British high street.
More definitions of smart tagDefinition of smart tag in:
- The British & World English dictionary