Definition of smashing in English:
adjectiveinformal , chiefly British
Excellent; wonderful: you look smashing!
More example sentences
- Thank you everyone, marvellous entertainment and smashing, friendly people, lots of them!
- But as the years go by, we realize what a smashing wonderful star she was.
- Letting famous film directors direct operas has resulted in both smashing successes and dismal failures.
- Example sentences
- The tour is going absolutely, smashingly well.
- Zen 8 was out of salmon skin, but we hit the jackpot at Sushi Kawa - the salmon was smashingly crispy, the rolls expertly composed.
- Everything comes together smashingly, in an extended dénouement that… reasserts the power of stories and songs to represent, sustain and complete us.