- A plan to discredit a public figure by making false or dubious accusations.More example sentences
- He accused the Labor councillor and her colleagues of planning a smear campaign against him to hurt the Balance Team - a claim the councillor denies.
- Well, Senator Kerry had to respond to these scurrilous attacks on his character as a smear campaign.
- His write up in the newspaper smells of political witch-hunt and a political smear campaign.
More definitions of smear campaignDefinition of smear campaign in:
- The British & World English dictionary