- 1An installation or factory for smelting a metal from its ore.More example sentences
- If everyone recycled the aluminum cans they used, there would be no need for new smelters…
- Cransberg, who will be based at the company's New York office, will have responsibility for Alcoa's 13 primary aluminum smelters in the U.S. and Canada.
- I wouldn't want to live under any other arrangement, but it only can only create alloys are as good or bad as the raw ore that's fed into the smelter.
More definitions of smelterDefinition of smelter in:
- The British & World English dictionary