- Muscle tissue in which the contractile fibrils are not highly ordered, occurring in the gut and other internal organs and not under voluntary control. Often contrasted with striated muscle.More example sentences
- The myometrium is a thick coat containing smooth muscle and abundant connective tissues.
- On the other hand, melatonin reportedly induced contraction of bovine bronchial smooth muscle.
- Topical phenylephrine, which increases the tone of the sphincter smooth muscle, is under development.
More definitions of smooth muscleDefinition of smooth muscle in:
- The British & World English dictionary