Definition of smoothie in English:
1 informal A man with a smooth, suave manner: a smoothie with an eye for a pretty girl
More example sentences
- He was a suave smoothie who sang about relationships with a mixture of wisdom and regret.
- So this centre offers the delicious prospect of a group of Tories, backed by the realistic and Labour-voting working class, in passionate opposition to the irresponsible metropolitan smoothies within their own party.
- No doubt George Clooney, Pierce Brosnan and other smoothies will pester their agents to get the part, while old-timers like Omar Sharif might see it as a suitable way to round off a long career.
2A thick, smooth drink of fresh fruit pureed with milk, yogurt, or ice cream.
- It is fully equipped to make ice cream drinks, frozen fruit smoothies and coffee drinks.
- Since we had 40 minutes to spare before dinner, we went to a Vienna Beef shack not far from the campus, and enjoyed strawberry and banana smoothies that really cooled us off in the balmy early spring evening.
- I went round to my 80-year old neighbour's last year, and threw out all her gin bottles and filled her fridge with organic smoothies, much better for her really.
Words that rhyme with smoothieworthy • airworthy
Definition of smoothie in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.