noun (plural smritis)
- A Hindu religious text containing traditional teachings on religion, such as the Mahabharata.More example sentences
- The Dharma Shastras are smritis, written by men who had vested interests and enforced as laws.
- Neither shastras nor smritis suggest that there exists an immutable, universal moral doctrine.
- Smarta means a follower of classical smriti, particularly the Dharma Shastras, Puranas and Itihasas.
from Sanskrit smṛti 'remembrance'.
More definitions of smritiDefinition of smriti in:
- The British & World English dictionary