- A container for a smudge (see smudge2).More example sentences
- Although late cold snaps occur infrequently, growers in the North Coast are geared to mitigate the effects with smudge pots, overhead sprinklers, and wind machines, huge fans that keep cold air moving in the vineyards.
- Sometimes growers light smudge pots in hopes of blanketing the field with protective smoke and turn on giant fans in the field to keep the frost from settling on the vines.
- Starting from the East and holding the lit smudge pot, each person can bathe themselves in the smoke.
More definitions of smudge potDefinition of smudge pot in:
- The British & World English dictionary