Definition of snakebite in English:
1The bite of a snake, especially a venomous one.
- Although exotic snakes account for only a small percentage of venomous snakebites, the prevalence of these bites is increasing as the popularity of keeping exotic snakes as house pets continues to rise.
- Although once popular, surgical intervention with fasciotomy for venomous snakebite is now reserved for selected rare cases and should never be performed prophylactically.
- Each year, 7,000 venomous snakebites are reported in the United States.
2British A drink consisting of draft cider and lager in equal proportions.
- Everyone in the back had been drinking snakebites for the best part of the evening, and it was half way down the motorway and one of them said ‘I feel a bit sick, you'll have to stop the van’.
- We sat in the beer garden and had a drink, but Ghost and Eloise looked like they'd take AGES to finish their snakebite and blacks, so we - Tamsin, Al Fiendish and I - decided we'd go on to the venue itself and let the others catch up with us.
Definition of snakebite in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia