- A bean of a variety grown for its edible pods.More example sentences
- Extend your harvest into fall by planting second crops of short-season vegetables, such as snap beans, peas, greens, radishes, cole crops, and turnips later in the season so they mature after you harvest the first crop.
- Unlike dry beans, snap beans are eaten as flavorful, fleshy green pods.
- These are snap beans right here; we plant about an acre each week and there are eleven varieties, one of which is a baby haricot vert.
late 18th century: so named because the pods are broken into pieces to be eaten.
More definitions of snap beanDefinition of snap bean in:
- The British & World English dictionary