- A small drum in the form of a short cylinder with a membrane at each end, the upper one being struck with hard sticks and the lower one fitted with snares. It originated in military use.More example sentences
- Using only his bare hands, the drummer, Johnny Cobra, would sit slapping the busted head of the snare drum.
- The rest of the instruments cut out except for James ' soft steady beat on the snare drum.
- The sound is almost like brushes on a snare drum.
probably from Middle Low German and Middle Dutch snare 'harp string'.
More definitions of snare drumDefinition of snare drum in:
- The British & World English dictionary