- 1A traffic jam.More example sentences
- Ward councillor Paul Smith said: ‘It is a totally unsuitable development in the wrong place the potential for it to greatly increase traffic will cause snarl-ups in Ipswich Road.’
- They are so impressed by the new approach to reducing traffic snarl-ups called personalised journey planning which has had spectacular success in Perth, Western Australia, that they have decided the time is right to try it in York.
- The move is an attempt to minimise congestion in the run-up to Christmas and comes in response to the massive traffic snarl-ups in the city caused by the roadworks on the A64 at Top Lane junction, Copmanthorpe.
- 1.1A muddle or mistake: there’s a snarl-up in editingMore example sentences
- Bureaucratic snarl-ups slowed crucial supplies of food and water.