verb[with object] Back to top
- Tie or fasten (a hook) to a line: (as adjective snelled) a snelled or long-shanked hookMore example sentences
- A 9/0 or 10/0 circle hook is snelled to the leader and the bait is secured by the head.
- Make sure the snelled hooks are not tangled around the main line and cast the rig into the lake.
- If I don't use rigs, then I use the heavy duty high low rigs, but I don't use snelled hooks on these rigs.
mid 19th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of snellDefinition of snell in:
- The British & World English dictionary