- A pair or set of meshes of metal chain, fitted around a vehicle’s tires to give extra traction in snow.More example sentences
- A revolutionary new product proven to be more effective than winter tyres or snow chains is now being stocked in Kendal.
- Travel to Greece and Turkey requires drivers to have vehicles equipped with snow chains in order to be allowed to cross the border.
- Our vehicle started sliding, so it was time to put snow chains on.
More definitions of snow chainsDefinition of snow chains in:
- The British & World English dictionary