noun(usually the snow line)
- 1The altitude above which some snow remains on the ground in a particular place throughout the year.More example sentences
- Meanwhile, Barrera was above the snowline in Big Bear Mountain.
- Clashes have continued for the past two weeks, seeing the rebels dug into fortified positions in Tanusevci, high above the snowline.
- The melting in such tongues below the snowline is balanced by the downward flow of ice from above the snowline.
- 1.1The altitude above which there is snow on the ground in a particular place at a given time.More example sentences
- You step out into drizzle: the snow line has dropped to eighty feet above the docks.
- After two days of rain and sleet, with a snow line down to 2,500 feet, Sunday dawned cold but bright and clear, and the field trip proceeded as planned.
- The snowline is creeping down the mountainsides.
More definitions of snow lineDefinition of snow line in:
- The British & World English dictionary