Definition of snow line in English:
noun(usually the snow line)
1The altitude above which some snow remains on the ground in a particular place throughout the year.
- Meanwhile, Barrera was above the snowline in Big Bear Mountain.
- Clashes have continued for the past two weeks, seeing the rebels dug into fortified positions in Tanusevci, high above the snowline.
- The melting in such tongues below the snowline is balanced by the downward flow of ice from above the snowline.
1.1The altitude above which there is snow on the ground in a particular place at a given time.
- You step out into drizzle: the snow line has dropped to eighty feet above the docks.
- After two days of rain and sleet, with a snow line down to 2,500 feet, Sunday dawned cold but bright and clear, and the field trip proceeded as planned.
- The snowline is creeping down the mountainsides.
Definition of snow line in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.