- A tire with a tread that gives extra traction on snow or ice.More example sentences
- Combine the allroad's ability to raise its ground clearance by up to eight inches with suitable snow tyres, and the big capacity estate will get through to the most remote places.
- She commented that it was possible to tell who had chains on their tyres, because they continued to speed along over 100 kph - she merely had snow tyres.
- In the winter, Swiss cars also come fitted with snow tyres as standard.
More definitions of snow tireDefinition of snow tire in:
- The British & World English dictionary