Definition of snowbell in English:
An Asian tree related to the storax, bearing clusters of fragrant white hanging flowers at midsummer, widely cultivated as an ornamental.
- Styrax japonica, family Styracaceae
- Other woody plants include fragrant sumac, evergreen sumac, little walnut, Mexican buckeye, Texas persimmon, Texas snowbell, and western white honeysuckle.
- Jean's fragrant snowbell accents a corner of the house and scents the air around the bench with its springtime blooms.
- Star magnolias, Japanese snowbell, dogwoods, and a white fringe tree are planted on either side of another bluestone path that cuts through the sophisticated woodland.
Definition of snowbell in:
- British & World English dictionary