Definition of snowberry in English:
noun (plural snowberries)
A North American shrub of the honeysuckle family, bearing white berries and often cultivated as an ornamental or for hedging.
- Symphoricarpos albus, family Caprifoliaceae
- However, in hedgerows, aliens like fuchsia, buddleia and snowberry are pushing out native species like spindle and guelder rose.
- In the autumn it is intended to plant fruiting species of trees, including gelda rose, hawthorn, hazel, thorn and snowberry.
- Along the walls and raised beds I planted ferns, vine maple, Indian plum, ocean spray, snowberry, currants, and other low-maintenance shrubs.
Words that rhyme with snowberrycrowberry
Definition of snowberry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.